Daily School Procedures
The BSE front office is open from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm during the school year. You can reach the BSE front office by dialing (317) 915-4250. Reporting Absences Parents, please notify the front OFFICE in regard to absences and late arrivals. You can leave a message on our attendance line by calling (317) 915-4250 and selecting option 2. Please leave detailed information, including student's first and last names with spelling, teacher's name, grade, and reason for the absence or late arrival. If late arrival, please include approximate time student will be arriving. Pre-Arranged Absence form
Leaving early for appointment
If a student needs to leave early for any reason, only family and individuals listed on the student's approved Skyward list can pick up the student. In the student's Skyward account, under the "Family and Emergency Contact" tab, you may list people approved by you to pick up your student. Those individuals MUST show a valid driver's license when picking up the student. When arriving, please ring the silver button to the immediate left of the glass door closest to the front office. Student's will need to be signed out on the blue piece of paper located on the counter in the vestibule. Please wait inside the vestibule while we get your student for you.
If a student forgets an item at home and a parent needs to drop off that item after school has begun, that item may be dropped off in the front office vestibule. There is a table right inside the vestibule on which you can place the item. Please fill out the pink piece of paper with your student's name and teacher and we will get the item to the student.Safevisitor background check on file with Hamilton Southeastern Schools to be allowed to volunteer or chaperone in the building. Please see Safevisitor information at hseschools.org to get started. It takes about a week for Safevisitor approval, so please plan accordingly. School Dismissal Manager Brooks School Elementary utilizes School Dismissal Manager for daily dismissal changes. Dismissal Manager lets teachers and staff know how your student needs to get home each day (bus/car/YMCA). Each family receives specific login credentials from School Dismissal Manager at the beginning of the school year. Once you receive your login credentials, please log in to Dismissal Manager and set up your preferred dismissal for your student(s). If you need to change your student's dismissal on any day, you will need to log in to your Dismissal Manager account and make the necessary changes by 1:00 pm. A list will be generated before the end of the school day with all of the dismissal changes for that day. Here is how it works:Volunteers/Chaperons All visitors/volunteers/chaperones MUST have a
- Locate your email from the SDM system directly with your "Parent Credentials" including login and password information. Check your spam if you cannot find the email.
- Click on the link in that email to access the login page via web browser.
- Set a new password and save your login and password.
- Check the default dismissal for your child. Please contact the front office if the default dismissal needs to be changed.
If your child has different dismissals for different days, please set one default and set a recurring "exception" for the off days. (For example, my child's default is a car rider, but I would like them to go to the YMCA every Wednesday. I would set the default as car rider and make a recurring exception for Wednesdays as YMCA.
What do I need to do after my default dismissal is set?
- You would only need to log in again to make a change to dismissal, called an "exception."
- A one-time exception does NOT change the locked default. For example, a dentist appointment may be scheduled, and you would like to pick your child up instead of having them ride the bus. You would login and create an exception just for that day from "BUS" to "CAR RIDER."
- The teacher is automatically notified, and a note/email or phone call is no longer required.
- All exceptions must be made by 1 PM daily. If a change is needed after 1 PM, a call to the front office at (317) 594-4340 would be required to ensure the teacher is notified. Teachers will be instructed to go by their daily School Dismissal Manager report for all dismissal directions.